Sunday, October 10, 2010

Babe in the Woods?


Oftentimes I make the short jaunt over to my local paper stores to get inspired, and that's exactly what I needed to do last week. My mission was to come up with an invitation for a baby shower. Not a women only shower but a couples shower so I didn't want the invitation to look completely girlie, but the parents-to-be are having a baby girl! So pink needed to be in there somewhere. My client gave me a couple other pieces of intelligence like "they like the outdoors and they bicycle". Humph.

So I wandered around looking at colors and gift wrap and greeting cards and toys and calendars... and I came upon a wood grain embossed paper! That says "outdoorsy" to me so I grabbed some. Next was to find something pink but not too pink and the rhubarb envelopes caught my eye. Ivory wood grain for the outdoors, rhubarb pink for the baby girl and a touch of brown to make sure the men feel comfortable showing up!

And I think we all remember the rhyme from our childhood "Blank and Blank, sittin' in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage." Therefore the wood grain and the "tree" all came together. And since I was getting a bit silly I thought that everyone would know the words to the rhyme so why not just put in blah, blah and yada, yada instead! My client said "do it!" so I did. Love that wood grain paper! The backside of the invite shows it nicely I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment