Sunday, June 12, 2011

Father of the Bride BBQ


Do you remember the wedding reception dream scene of "Father of the Bride" George Banks, played by Steve Martin? Such a classic guy idea! My husband would love the same thing. He would be having a wonderful time at his daughter's wedding gnawing on ribs with barbecue sauce all over his face.

I, on the other hand, have something all together different in mind. So a compromise is a Father of the Bride BBQ the night before the wedding. Originally I wanted it in the classic red and white checked tablecloth theme but when my daughter saw a photo of a yellow and white checked cloth she said "I want that!" The more I thought about it the more I liked it so this is part inspiration board, part reality for the barbecue. So it's yellow and white and black with lawn games, lemonade and buttons too. I want that yellow wooden box real bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment