Thursday, July 14, 2011

Putting Your Books to Work


Why I'm obsessed with book-lover weddings I don't know. Maybe because it seems like such a simple theme with so many possible directions to go. Some city libraries would be stunning receptions sites, and old Dewey Decimal system drawers and cards could be used in a variety of ways. And that odd and never-finished paperback book that you bought for 50 cents? Turn it into a bouquet of flowers! My daughter and I saw a similar book arrangement to the one above on a wedding blog and she said, "let's do that!". So I did. These books will sit on a side table with the wedding programs coming out of the drawer. And one of those books is... Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus! I crack myself up!

1 comment:

  1. I just love those simple ideas that elevate something ordinary to something really special. :)

    ReplyDelete