Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bridal Shower Tea with a French Lavender Feel






It was my absolute pleasure to create these bridal shower tea invitations! With inspirational help from Pinterest I decided a tea bag made of fabric and filled with dried lavender should be placed inside a tea cup printed on the invitation. What a delightful surprise to come in the mail, don't you think? 

A few months ago I "pinned" a cute DIY Miniature Tea Bag Shaped Letter Sachet that came from the blog MiniatureRhino by Jessica Marquez. Now, 3 months later I went back to my Pinterest boards and while perusing I saw it again and decided on my plan. I took a photo of a cup and saucer in my own china cabinet, Photoshopped it and put it in the design. On the "tea" bag tag it gives directions to "Steep tea sachet in a drawer". It's sort of like getting a party favor before the party!

2 comments:

  1. Kim! You've totally made my day with this. Your cards came out beautifully and I really love how they turned out- the cup and the 3-d tea bag, love it!! I'll have to do a post on these to share your awesome design! Thank you so much for sharing!!
    jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you, Jessica, for the inspiration for the invitation!

      Delete