Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Flowers

my first attempt at a chalkboard lettering 'how to' i found on pinterest. love pinterest!

one of my scarred pumpkins



a vintage fire board with chalkboard paint on the back resides on my kitchen island. usually it has my grocery list on it!
My favorite part of a gathering is setting the scene. Food comes in a distant second. Even on Thanksgiving when it's supposed to be all about the food. I am blessed to live where flower markets and growers are plentiful. I spent $45 on flowers, went out in my yard and snipped from our trees and wild grasses in the neighborhood and made three arrangements. And with the addition of the pumpkins from my garden I think it will feel like Thanksgiving at our house. Except for the 70 degree weather!  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment