Saturday, June 20, 2009

What to do about June gloom?

If the weather is going to be all misty like this we might as well pretend to be in Ireland. My friend recently got back from a trip there and I've been checking out her blog for photo postings of the trip. Those Irish sheep are so darn cute that when I took Cory to the groomers this morning (so misty I had to use my windshield wipers!) I asked for a lamb chop. Or maybe I didn't quite ask for that, but Cory came out with a nice short 'lamb cut' and he reminded me of Sissel's photo of some lambs. Really, check out her blog Cory looks like a lamb. Oh how I'd love to go there!
Well, Ireland is out, for now anyway, so I'll just enjoy our hydrangeas which make me very happy when they are in bloom like this. I bet Ireland has hydrangeas too.
With a gloomy day like today I think I'll create a wedding invitation in shades of gray, with maybe a touch of yellow since I'm hopeful the sun will come out... tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar!

1 comment:

  1. They did have hydrangeas there! But truthfully they are prettier here.
    I like the "lamb cut". So cute! Let's say bah bye to all this gloomy weather.
    Hello summertime!

    xo
    sissel

    ReplyDelete